Secrets to winning an international scholarship_2020
We share secrets to winning an international scholarship – If you are targeting an international scholarship, the following basic steps are what you need to perform:
Part -A (Preparing for Application)
- Prepare your Curriculum Vitae (C.V) or Resume. Make it concise, presentable and eye-catching.
- Prepare your Statement of Purpose or Letter of Motivation (Here is a Guideline for you)
- Prepare a Research Proposal (or more than one) based on your research interests.
- Arrange Scanned and Hard copies of all educational transcripts. Make sure that they are attested by the attestation authorities.
- English Proficiency Certification: Almost 90% of the scholarships demand an English Proficiency Certification. In most of the cases, it is IELTS (academic) or TOEFL. It is recommended to arrange a good IELTS/TOEFL result.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): Most of the Universities in the United States demand for a GRE score. However, universities in the rest of the world (except for a few countries) do not demand this result.
Completing the above-mentioned steps makes you winning an international scholarship everywhere in the world.
Part – B (Locating a Scholarship)
- Identify your target institutes or universities
- Contact professors of your field worldwide and ask them for a studentship. (This is how to contact a professor)
- Search scholarship websites (for example www.isstscholarship.com or www.msphdscholarship.com ) for a scholarship.
- Like social media pages (such as our Facebook Page) and join social media groups to keep track of all the scholarships. Click Here to Like our Facebook Page
Part – C (Applying for a Scholarship)
- Based on your selection in above mentioned Part-B, apply for the scholarship.
- Make sure to carefully fulfill all the requirements.
- Don’t rely on a single opportunity. It is suggested that you should keep on applying for scholarships until you join a particular institution or university.
Please note that there are many factors involved in hunting a scholarship. Sometimes it takes even a year to win a scholarship. You should never lose hope.
ISST Team members