A scholarship winning Research Proposal Sample_2020
THE RESEARCH PROPOSAL TEMPLATE
The document Research Proposal Sample for Phd Application has been set up to assist students in preparing the text for their research proposal. It is NOT intended as a document to guide you through your research proposal development but to assist you in setting out the proposal, in terms of text layout, section headings and sub-sections.
The Research Proposal is a complete description of the intended research, developed under the supervision of the assigned supervisor. Through the full proposal, the student needs to demonstrate convincingly that the study will make a contribution to a public health issue or problem. The full research proposal must be between 5 and 10 pages and should present the following:
- Brief Introduction
- Background and statement of the problem (this in the light of a thorough literature review)
- Research question or hypothesis, aim, and objectives
- Study design (type of study)
- Study population and sampling
- Data collection methods and instruments
- Data analysis methods – if applicable statistical planning must be fully addressed, or the candidate should provide evidence that statistics are not required.
- Mechanisms to assure the quality of the study – e.g. control of bias, safe storage of data
- Study period – Timetable for completion of the project
- Participants in the study – all people involved in the study, and the role they play, should be identified.*
- Ethical considerations
- Resources required for the study, including budget if applicable
- Appendices (copy of the questionnaire, consent forms, etc.)
We have attached more guidelines about the Research Proposal Sample for Ph.D. Application.
We are very thankful to Prof. Khalid Mahmood, Ph.D. (Uni. of Punjab) for providing a guideline to students.